Pages

My NY Party!!!

Every year, on 31st Dec, midnight, I would always be at home and around 12’ sharp, it has become kind a routine, that I would be writing my diary (with hardly 1 or 2 exceptions in my whole life). At that particular time, I will be at the most calm mindset. This year, I wanted things to be little different and planned a party :)

Fulllll story!! Here!!

Dec 29th: Mr.H, my friend, gives me an idea, to celebrate the new year @ Mr. & Mrs. H’s place,, We inform them about our plan and they agree. I think of working from home on that day, to spend time with my fellas. I call up tech support and ask them to install necessary setting for WFH option. Operation failed and logon too. Even when it is time for me to logout, I'm still on call with tech team. Everyone tells me to catch the cab first & I obey them :)

So, EOD, only Venue is fixed for New Year party and system is still not ready for WFH.

Dec 30th: Really not in that great mood to come to office, due to the sad demise of Dr.Vishnuvardhan.. (May his soul RIP). But, decided otherwise, only to take the permission for WFH from my Manager, and to complete the system set up for WFH. At office, manager happily smiles at my request and says who is gonna give you permission??!!

Optimistic part of me still went ahead, contacted tech team and had the installation completed. I, in an innocent tone, told my manager "I want to get the system configured, coz, what if you change your mind and give permission towards the EOD” :D

EOD: Our plan is more so fixed, system ready,, but WFH permission :( bigggg flop

My colleagues were having hearty laugh at my pathetic situation and said, oh we love you!! (OK, I love you too!!)

Dec 31st: the D-Day: System is configured, have net connection, but I'm at office. :(

Took permission to leave atleast an hour early and told my friends that I would join them after 10pm. I was supposed to be picked up by my friends, who were at that time, near my office. So, I happily rejected all other "i'll drop you, if you want" helps offered by my friends.

EOD, Kahani mein twist!!

Mr.N (party member) got a call from office, in the nth hour.. Work is worship :) ... so, he is busy with his work :)

Mr.H (the initiator & planner no.1) waits for him in his office!!!

Me, Ms.CK (planner no.2) @ my office for these 2 ppl to pick me up..

And at last Mr & Mrs. H(venue providers & party members), at their place, for 3 of us. :)

@ Midnight - sharp @12, I was all alone in my office and was writing my diary!! eh!!

Woow.. me, such a hopeless planner, I swear!! But, glad the routine is continued this year too!!

2 replies!!:

Asif said...

Hey are you actually sad for missing out the great fun or Are you actually happy for continuing the routine?
:P :P
But loved reading these lines...
"manager happily smiles at my request and says who is gonna give you permission??!!"
That is the funny part with managers.They will let us know the death news also with a smile.:)
Anyways all is well that ends well.:)

moonlite:D said...

That smile, is coz, she is one of my well wisher!! and one of the few people, who have genuine concern abt me,,
but work is work!! no permission,, She permitted me to logout early!! but its the luck factor, which wasnt in my favour!!

i can say, I was happy rather than being sad!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...