Pages

Things I miss about school..

Obviously, this has been on my mind, from the time I have watched the movie Paa. As I said earlier, Auro & the kids have made me go back to my school days and relish all the sweet memories.
Every small thought about our childhood & our school days, will easily bring a smile in our heart, na!! Even the silly stupid fights we would have had while playing.. Oh!! How much I miss my days.

1. One major thing I really & very deeply miss about those days is, My own silence  yes, I was one of the very silent kid in our class, an observer, a listener, inquisitive, intelligent …….. (I’m not kidding!!) All the good qualities have remained in me to a good extent, but, but, I’m a chatterbox now and miss being that silent fella… I would any opt to be silent. :D
2. My sis.. When two sisters sit in the same class, usually people think they must be twins. And the moment, we said “NO”, everyone questioned my sister whether she flunked any class. And how much my sister hated people for that Question. The fact was, I didn’t do my kg classes, and since I scored good marks in the interview, had been given seat for 1st std directly. Lol
(And very sadly, we lost our sister in an accident a decade ago  I still miss you akka… I wish you were with me today)
3. And, since I joined early, I was always the youngest kid in the class, through out my studies. I did feel the age difference between me & my classmates, faced problems understanding them. But they always adored me, pampered me to the core. Even today, I can’t think I’m grown up,, ;)
4. The moment the school bell rang, we came out running to buy the mangoes or guava or ice cream. Do you remember the Mewad Mix Icecream or the cone ice cream we used to get near our schools.. I don’t find them anymore!! 
5. There was a mango tree near our school. It was our another stunt after the school hours. Whoever goes there first, will get more mangoes, before the owner chases us out!! :D
6. Every Saturday, after the school hours, all our friends met up in our house, to play hide & seek. It was not so big house but had many places where one can hide themselves. The game usually went on till late evening. Lani, saru, shashi, anna, ani,vani, viji, pushpa, savi, kulli, bharathi, sari,lee, dabbi… girls, can we play H&S again,,!!?
7. I was the one to wake up early everyday @ home and I loved watching ladies drawing beautiful Rangolis. Now, neither wake up so early, nor many rangolies these days 
8. One way, our parents got rid of our mischief was to send us to Tutions. Unnecessary time waste for us  … But had bunch of fellas there too. The one particular tution I attended when I was in 5th, the teacher was excellent. She would let us play out on the road, must for one hr everyday.. Heard of any tuitions like that: D,, we played, pass/fail, lagori, chuchendu, kuntebille .. What not!! I even went with guys for fund collection for ganesha festival: D.. I miss all those 
9. We always went to school at least an hour early, so that the whole gang could play lock n key, jootata, tree tree which tree, gate gate which gate… etc. Big bunch of more than 20 students, screaming loud while playing, was the great fun.
10. In those days, we never thought of the word competition. For us, that word was applicable only for singing or dance or sports or any other activities, where, at the end one would get a prize. We never thought all of us are competitors for high scores. Nope. I really miss the absence of such thought.
11. The wonderful part of the school days was Summer & Dasara holidays. Visit to relatives’ place, masti with cousins, and once back in again, boast about the fun we had, to the classmates  .. Don’t we all, really really miss this!! lol

boooh.... booh,, i want to go to school!! :(

4 replies!!:

Asif said...

yaaa its always said that school days are golden days of our life...There is not even a single day in my life going on without remembering and feeling sad abt my school days. Thats why ppl say we shld not get attached to something soo much that it will make us feel sad later.But what to do...Some ppl keep doing mistakes even knowingly like me.
I used to be very very naughty as a kid and because of my good scores i used to always escape the punishments. But i still miss those days dearly.
But yes there are lot of things waiting in my heart to share them in my blog . You will get many things to read like these i guess.

moonlite:D said...

To miss the school days, is never a mistake!! :)
cherish the memories, always,

Yes, would love to read your posts !!

Sweety said...

Very cute blog dear. Childhood memories (especially Grandparents place)always bring smile in my face :)

moonlite:D said...

@ sweety:
thanks a lot ,,,
do drop in here often :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...