Pages

Poster Mania

When BBMP decided to paint Bangalore city roadside walls, no doubt, like every Bangalorean I was happy.  (Not just for the beauty it adds to the city and the amt of opportunity it provides to the artists, but also hoping that the footpaths will not be treated as toilets anymore).

But, as the same walls were my great source of updates on new movies, I knew that I would miss the joy of watching the movie posters while traveling.
The posters stuck on the roadside are a world by itself.  I somehow had the uncanny ability to decide if a movie is watchable, just by looking at those posters.


Though the whole idea posters are to tell a bit about the theme, and majorly about the theaters and show-timings (very important when asklaila or bookmyshow were unheard of), if one observed carefully, 
         - it would convey director's aesthetic sense and creativity,
         - depending on the areas, the posters are mostly stuck - we would know if it's class or mass or an art movie, and 
         - by the paper and the print quality, one can easily guess the movie budget :D
(I majorly decided on the movie watch-worthiness on these criteria, in the same order ;) ).

The recent posters I noticed, are Dandupalya (Kannada) and Gangs of Wasseypur (Hindi) and both are Crime-genre movies.  While Gangs of Wasseypur posters instill curiosity, all that I could see in Dandupalya posters is "watch-movie4-pooja-gandhi-skin-show-ness".  Even though I'm interested in watching movies based on real-life stories, I'll be happy with fiction this time.

In couple of other incidents too, posters have really helped me to stay away from the movie.  Here are some of such posters.

The Creative head probably couldn't think of anything apart changing the dance step (both are in mid-air though). Jeans & White shirt and even the bike remained the same.  Raam movie poster copies from Aarya-2.


This poster of Sanju weds Geethaa has no relevance to the story.  Yet, the hawt-ness of the Kites poster had to be copied. Sigh, the dress matches here too!!



This poster of Dashamukha obviously tops the list of Copy-Paste-Zindabad.  When I heard that, the famous "12 Angry Men" movie being remade in kannada, I was skeptical. This particular poster removed all my doubts and made me stay away from the theatre hall.


Sigh! Creativity rocks!

0 replies!!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...