Pages

Corporate Blues!!

I've spent years together in the corporate field & it has been an wonderful opportunity for me to learn things. Here are few of those!!

1. People are tend to listen & do things for you, not if you respect them, but by showing you have more power over them.
2. Dont be modest & humble. Make sure to have big mouth about what you do coz silence is really not golden & whoever told "actions speak louder than words", they told a lie.
3. Be selfish and only selfish. Always ask what's in it for you.
4. Interested to learn more, being helpful to others are never called virtues.
5. Only rats win rat race.
6. What's preached to you, doesn't mean it was practised before.

Sad lessons, I've understood but will never possibly apply in my career. I'm not someone who is in mad mad hurry to grow up in the hierarchy very fast. But I want to learn all possible stuff which comes my way and do a wonderful job with things given to me. If anyone ever asked me, why I didnt apply for a particular promotion, I've always told, I still have time, I'm in no hurry to be CEO :D
Yeah, but things never turns out to be the way you think. For sometime, I felt bad for not getting what I deserved and I've only realised, never to be idealistic nor to expect anyone to be fair & just towards you...
well, from last one week I'm back to track, I can say :)

Oops, being so serious in talk, makes me feel myself boring.

During those days, when I wasn't feeling all the chirpy & bubbly, one of my good friend appeared online and piece of that conversation was like this:

A: Hey, how was your appraisal?
Me: lol, I would prefer to tell someother joke :)
A: :D
Me: Same joke or Sardarji joke?
A: Sardarji.. :)
Me: Sardarji was thinking..
-2 min of silence-
Me: Joke is over..
A: ooh, you made me a sardarji :)

Well, I have so many such PJs in my kitty, that people actully try to kill me with their stare. (ah, they're not so powerful, anyway ;) ) To laugh at the things is the best way to make our day better, I realised :)

PS: No offense to Sardars, nor I'm racist. That too, I'm a huge huge fan of our great PM from the time he was FM 91. I only wish, I could put my manager name there, if it was not official chat interface.

7 replies!!:

Asif said...

I must tell you...You are really a good observer :)

moonlite:D said...

Thanks Asif :)

Blunt Edges said...

i so so so wish i could say u are wrong! but guess i have no choice but 2 agree with u! :¦

ps: i tried your love calculator...it said 'Medium love match!'

gayathri vishwanathan said...

Hmm I like this statement: Be selfish and only selfish. Always ask what's in it for you.

I am trying to learn this.

even i tried the love calculator...it said 'real love' hehehehe

moonlite:D said...

@ blunt eldges - thanks, kind a universal truth it is. I should learn to apply it :)

n love calculator - there is a easy way to get high %. dont try short names, try with full names.
all the best

@ gayathri - thanks,, even i'm trying to dear :)

again, try with the full name, you get even better results. My love calculator is meant to make ppl happy :)

Amrutha said...

Does this apply to life too :|

moonlite:D said...

@ A.Bushan - purely for work,,,
Never for life :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...